An Amazing Performer
Posted: 28 July 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2013-07-18

I felt like Frank Oz’s forum was getting a little lonely. I’m so glad Jim Henson discovered Frank Oz at a puppeteering convention; I don’t even want to imagine what would’ve happened if the two had never teamed up. Jim Henson’s productions aside for a moment, I’ve really enjoyed Frank Oz in the other works he’s done too. He was awesome in Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000 (two of my favorite movies ever), and I loved his Little Shop of Horrors and The Indian in the Cupboard, which was one of my favorite books as a kid.

Posted: 29 July 2013 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2013-07-18

I have to agree with everything you’ve said here. I mean, the man is Super Grover, for goodness sake. wink I just watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for the millionth time the other day, and I’m always singing songs from Little Shop in the shower. And who could forget that scene in Spies Like Us, where he plays the test monitor? Hilarious.

Watching the Making of the Dark Crystal on the DVD, his love for the characters—particularly Aughra—is really obvious, and the professional relationship he and Jim had really makes you appreciate all the work that went into the film.

Posted: 29 July 2013 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2013-07-18

I wholeheartedly agree. And his relationship with Jim Henson—it’s obvious they were best friends as well as business partners. Theirs is the kind of professional relationship one dreams of having with a writing partner, business partner, etc.

Posted: 29 July 2013 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2013-07-19

Yes! Spies Like Us, and let’s not forget his other great cameo in Trading Places. “It’s an op-er-ah”

Brilliant man. Yoda would be some irratating Scrappy-Doo-esque figure without him.