urRu and Skeksis Roles
Posted: 27 July 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2013-07-19

Do you think that the roles that each counterpart had changed over time? For instance, do you think that there was always a Slave Master or a General? Or a Peacemaker and Storyteller? Or did these roles evolve as members of both species went on and interacted with the world? Could they have been something else before the Garthim Wars?

Surely both halves of one being had to adapt and find out what they were beyond simple impulses.

Posted: 27 July 2013 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2013-07-18

I think that the Skeksis and urRu roles are pretty set.  I do think that skekUng, the Garthim-Master was probably just called “the Beast-master” or something similar before the Garthim were created, but then they became the Skeksis pet projects and sohe took responsibility for them. 

They obviously function as individuals with their own needs and desires (especially the Skeksis) but as far as their basic roles…I see those almost as jobs welded to aspects of their personality and talent.

Posted: 27 July 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2013-07-20

By the way, what is the General’s role exactly? Head of the non existent military?

Posted: 30 July 2013 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-19

Or, for that matter, what is the Peacemaker’s role: since the urRu supposedly do not leave their Valley ... though the Storyteller, the Wanderer and the Monk are proving to be exceptions to this.

Posted: 31 July 2013 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2013-07-18

I think it’s all open to interpretation, so it’s entirely possible that the Skeksis could be out on missions and things. Also, that’s a great picture. Thanks for posting it!

Posted: 31 July 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-07-19

You are giving me some very interesting ideas. Even if most of the two races are still in their respective places—the Castle and the Valley—we know that some of them aren’t. And maybe even those in the two places go to visit from time to time ... There are some considerable possibilities here ...

Posted: 12 November 2015 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2014-01-31

You can see a kind of Skeksis army in Archaia´s 3rd volumen 8 i haven´t read it yet)