Seeing as the official Dark Crystal site is still very much a work in progress, I’ve started this thread as a way of suggesting possible additions based on official DC sources and correcting any possible errors.
* Mention in the Gelfling page that the name Gelfling is a transliteration of Ghel-lflainnk, which means “those who live without knowledge of the future”. (World of the Dark Crystal)
* Mention that the Crystal Bats were originally called Xahgniathanor, before being bred by the Skeksis to seek out Gelflings. (World of the Dark Crystal)
* Mention that Haakskeekah is also the name of the stone itself, and that it was an object of worship for the Skeksis before they discovered the Crystal’s ability to drain essence. (World of the Dark Crystal)
* Add the Rakkida (vicious, Mounder-eating predators) in the Creatures of Thra section. (Legends of the Dark Crystal, vol. II)
* Add further Skeksis terms to the Languages section. A list of them can be seen here: http://www.darkcrystal.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/24/
* Mention the influence of Jane Roberts’ Seth Material in the Making Of section. David Odell mentions in the second volume of Creation Myths that Roberts’ writings were crucial to Henson’s conception of The Dark Crystal.
* List character voice actors, as well as performers.
* Respelling of Podling/Aughra language entries. In Aughra’s case, Boojay is actually the French bougez, meaning move. The Podling language is actually Serbo-Croatian, and its spelling can be viewed in this thread here: http://www.darkcrystal.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/6/
* Misspelling of vestigial on the Skeksis entry in the Glossary.