Community Banner
Dark Crystal Author Quest Finalists e-book, Now Available

Rian & the Gelfling Queen
Posted: 23 July 2013 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-23

I can’t wait to show my creative writing to Jim Hensons Company, the Dark Crystal has always been my most favourite of all time.

Though I have been thinking alot about the connections and link to Jen & Kira the Gelflings. In the creation myth, both Gyr and are somehow the first generation of Jen and Kira. I’ve been thinking if Jen is somehow realted to both Gyr and Rian as both guardians and song-tellers Kira who is the future queen and descendent of Lady Kel and Rian’s Gelfling Queen.

If anyone have a thought about this or perhaps is doing their creative story and think that Rian should have a strong connection to the Gelfling Queen, have your say!:roll:

As an illustrator, I think I should put up a drawing of This fantastic post to describe the everlasting connection of a Song-teller who became a knight to the Gelfling Queen (Past, Present and Future).

Posted: 07 August 2013 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2013-07-31
TaiChi256 - 23 July 2013 02:23 AM

As an illustrator, I think I should put up a drawing of This fantastic post to describe the everlasting connection of a Song-teller who became a knight to the Gelfling Queen (Past, Present and Future).

Did it say somewhere that Rian was a song-teller?

Posted: 08 August 2013 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2013-07-18

I haven’t read anything about Rian being a song-teller, just that he was a guard in the crystal castle and from the Woodland clan. Aside from the information we have about him from this site and from the author quest, I think the rest of his personality is open to interpretation—especially depending on how much he’ll be in your overall story.

Posted: 21 August 2013 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-08-20

I’m starting to think I like the cragraptor explanation better.

—————————
I hope your summer is just like sexy dresses uk filled with surprises.