Community Banner
Dark Crystal Author Quest Book, Now Available

What are the true colors of the characters?
Posted: 18 October 2016 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There,

I realize that today’s Blu-ray discs can make certain colors more clear and obvious, and that a character’s natural colors change under different types of light, like sunlight and the darkness of night.

I’m still confused about the true colors of some of the characters, like Jen and Kira. A few examples of my confusion are as follows:

* I’ll always be confused about the two main characters’ eye colors. I’m assuming that Jen has dark brown eyes, and that Kira’s true eye color is…hazel, but, at times, Jen’s eyes look light brown, or even blue, and, sometimes, Kira’s eyes look brown, and, at other times, they look green.

* Kira’s outfit has me confused, and I haven’t even considered Jen’s outfit yet. Kira’s dress and cape sometimes seem to be a yellowish-brownish-green, but, at other times, they seem green, and, once Kira is in danger in The Crystal Chamber, her entire outfit seems to be a shade of cream, so that even the reddish stripes that appear on her toeless stockings seem to have almost disappeared.

* Jen and Kira’s hair colors confuse me, too. As far as I know, Jen has brunette hair with platinum streaks, and Kira has platinum blonde hair, with some dark blonde hair underneath…

* If I’m right, Jen’s skin is darker than that of Kira, but I don’t know weather or not it’s supposed to be a more neutral shade of tan, or a light shade of brown…

I’ll be most grateful to anyone who can shed some…um…light…on these questions…LOL!

Well, I’m wanted in the forest, so…

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 21 October 2016 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2014-01-31

On the DVD feature commentary.Brian Froud says that kira´s dresses had different shades of green to show she has been through many adventures ,so it had faded at the end of the film…as for Jen´s eyes,they´re officially blue

Posted: 23 October 2016 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello, queenmedesa,

Thank you so much for that information!

I am still curious to know weather Kira’s eyes are green, hazel, or brown, so if you know, thank you in advance, but if you don’t know, that’s okay.

Well, I’m wanted in the forest, so…

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982