Spoilers! Thoughts on Shadows of The Dark Crystal
Posted: 02 August 2016 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2013-07-27

Just want to try and get these forums a bit more active, so I thought would be great to start the topic to discuss about Shadows of The Dark Crystal book that just came out a month ago.

What did everyone thought of the book?

Overall I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to read more of the series of books, three more to go! :D
I’ll record an episode of the Trial By Stone podcast my thoughts about it in depth and maybe arrange a roundtable discussion episode in the future.

I’ve put the spoiler as part of the title in case for people that may want to avoid reading the topic to avoid spoilers for the book.

Posted: 04 August 2016 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2014-01-31

I like it a lot,but I think we could ´ve seen more of the Skeksis ,specially SkekMal,he´s a fascinating charácter.I know the book is canon-like,but I found rather odd that SkekOk is said to be bald,when he had long hair on the film

Posted: 04 August 2016 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2013-07-27

Maybe skekOk didn’t drink the essence from a Gelfling at the time to regain his hair?

Or another reason could be more of an interpretation from a storytellers point of view of what Naia’s description of the Skeksis, seeing them for the first time and thinking of the Skeksis as having bald heads, I’m presuming she’s seeing them from a distance so would be easy to mistake them for not having any hair.

Good observation though queenmedesa.

I like the journey that Naia and Kylan go through with the story, Kylan’s song about Jarra Jen was one of my favourite moments from the book, nice to have some humour within the world of The Dark Crystal, so I enjoyed that the most, and also because I probably relate to Kylan more as well.

Also dreamfasting plays a big role in the book, so it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out in Song of The Dark Crystal.

What was your favourite moment from Shadows of The Dark Crystal?

Posted: 10 August 2016 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2014-01-31

When they arrived to the castle and meet all the Skeksis,(there´s when you see my beloved SkekSil),all the Skeksis scenes in general..In Creation Myths they´re bald too,but Urru have hair already

Posted: 30 August 2016 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2016-08-12

I just started reading the book, I’m maybe 6 chapters in, and I am enjoying it so far!  I only wish there were more visuals, since its such a beautiful world!

Posted: 08 September 2016 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2016-08-12

I finished the book tonight, and enjoyed it - I’m glad its going to be a series, as I wanted the story to continue.  I tried to stretch reading it over a week, a few chapters at a time - but when I hit chapter 20, I knew I had to complete it the same day.  Personally, I’d love an image for each chapter, especially when a new character / creature is introduced.  Perhaps with the next book, something like that can be added.