Community Banner
Dark Crystal Author Quest Book, Now Available

My Scene Kennedy, Delancey, and Nia have a Kira-type appearance…as do the LIV dolls!
Posted: 09 December 2015 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There,

I think that Kira has a cool overall appearance, and, as I love Mattel’s My Scene dolls, too, I have recently been looking for female My Scene dolls that resemble Kira in any way. I can’t really decide which seems the most Kira-inspired, as they all tend to wear too much makeup to look totally natural.

The general list is as follows:

Hangin’ Out Delancey (2003)
Miami Getaway Happenin’ Hotel Delancey (2005)
My Bling Bling Bikini Delancey w/ Spa / Super Bling Bling Bikini Delancey w/ Spa (2006)
I Love My Friends Delancey Playset w/ Bed (2007)
Junglicious Delancey (2007)
Icy Bling Kennedy (2007)
Lots of Looks Kennedy and Nia (2009)

I’m having trouble posting Google pics; the following urls are from the Wyscene website:

Hangin’ Out Delancey (She’s the blonde with the red streaks in her hair; I have one of these dolls)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/hanging-out

My Scene Miami Getaway Happenin’ Hotel Delancey (She arrives with the hotel room bed; I’m sorry that her makeup isn’t very visible)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/0906/delancey-s-bedroom

My Scene My Bling Bling Bikini Delancey w/ Spa / Super Bling Bling Bikini Delancey w/ Spa (I have two of these Delancey dolls, and each arrived with a blue spa pool, etc.; scroll down to see Delancey)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/playsety

I Love My Friends Delancey Playset w/ Bed (Scroll down to see Delancey)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/i-love-my-friends

My Scene Junglicious Delancey (Her hair swivels around, so that she can be either a blonde or a brunette, and she has green eyes)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/junglicious

My Scene Icy Bling Kennedy (Her irises are the wrong color, AND her platinum blonde hair contains sparkly strands, but she tends to remind me of Kira…)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/icy-bling

My Scene Lots of Looks Kennedy and Nia (Kennedy has the correct hair color, but Nia has the correct eye color…You could probably put Nia’s faceplate on Kennedy’s face…)

http://wyscene.blog.cz/rubrika/lots-of-looks

So, which My Scene doll do YOU think looks the most like Kira?

There are also the LIV dolls, who actually sort of look something like Kira; their wigs can be changed, so that green-eyed LIV doll Katie COULD potentially resemble Kira…with a platinum wig…

Well, I’m wanted in the forest, so…

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 11 December 2015 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There,

Oh, I forgot to say that you can see ALL of the My Scene dolls here, just in case you’re curious about them:

http://wyscene.blog.cz/0904/a-z

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 11 December 2015 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There,

I realize that NO Barbie doll could EVER look EXACTLY like Kira, because she IS a Gelfling, but, even so, feel free to tell me which My Scene doll might look the MOST like Kira, and please keep in mind that if somebody wanted to customize a My Scene doll, so that she might look more like Kira, that person could always pull the red hair streaks out and re-paint her face.

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 15 October 2016 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There,

I am both excited and slightly disgusted about the start of this project…Let me explain…

I actually do have the My Bling Bikini Spa Delancey (I used to have two of her, but I believe that I gave one away).

She has GREEN eyes…and reddish streaks throughout her hair…My doll, whom I long ago named something like “Crystaleen”, or “Crystaline”, or maybe “Crystaleigh”, without having been influenced by “The Dark Crystal”,...(I am totally distressed about not being able to find my My Scene doll name list, but, oh, well…) is going to be more of an “Inspired by Kira” kind of doll than an actual Kira doll, seeing as how she doesn’t REALLY look like an actual Gelfling.

Well, anyway…I am both excited and disgusted because, in order to make her look a little more like Kira…I removed almost ALL of the reddish streaks from her hair, and now, she needs some hair in various places, and she looks pretty sad…and I know that no normal Barbie hair will be able to match the length of her own hair…once I’ve re-rooted her…I don’t know that all of Kira’s ends are even, though, anyway, so it may not matter, as long as the doll’s hair is eventually comprised of various shades of platinum blonde.

Once her hair is re-rooted, I’m going to create Kira’s trademark braids, which, I think, fall in FRONT of her ears, and then, I have the task of trying to even SORT OF replicate Kira’s entire outfit! Oooh, dear!

For the past few years, my hands have not been strong, and so, the task of distressing the outfit may be laborious for me, but I will try to make an outfit that is at least inspired by Kira’s outfit.

I cannot make promises about when the doll will be ready, but, as of now, she is an official OOAK doll…in the making.

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 16 October 2016 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2016-08-12

I’ve always been interested in customizing, so I think it would be cool to see you create your own fan fiction DC character in doll form.  The dolls you mentioned do have elongated faces and big eyes, so they would probably work well as Gelflings.  You would have to customize ears and some clothing of course.  The closest there is are the Sideshow Jen & Kira, which I used to own - both are nice, but were too large for my collection.

Posted: 17 October 2016 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2015-12-07

Hello There, Mystic Master,

I wish that I had that much of a talent for customizing. I can sew, but those outfits would be a Herculean effort for anybody, and I’m not sure that there’s actually a My Scene boy doll who looks much like Jen. There are a few that have dark hair and bangs, but they’d look kind of spoiled and rich to be Jen…LOL!

I’ll more than likely try to just sort of create some “Inspired by…” looks, although it would be a real dream come true to be able to actually get a doll for Jen, and to really, truly turn him and my Delancey doll into extremely detailed Jen and Kira dolls, complete with epoxy resin ears, flat feet (Delancey has Barbie feet, and, of course, her hands have a human number of fingers…LOL!), etc.

Thinking of the number of days that it would take me to find all of the right types and colors of fabric freezes my brain for a moment, as does thinking of the number of days that it would take me to draft patterns, cut fabric, and hand-embroider all of those designs…and I’m the type who won’t let herself just make some clean, simple little doll outfit if, in a movie, the outfit was detailed, or distressed, or whatever…

Due to some hand issues, I had to give up on a full-scale (“Inspired by”) “Les Miserables” doll project, which used old Barbie clothes, but, luckily, I had been able to have fun while my hands had been feeling more comfortable, and I’d really gotten into the spirit of the project, using steel wool, olive oil, dirt, food coloring, condiments from the fridge, and scissors to stain and distress the heck out of a ton of slightly older Barbie clothes.

I even began to experiment with the hair of the My Scene doll that I’d cast as Eponine…but later, I sort of put the project to rest for awhile, because I was beginning to have trouble with my hands, and because I hadn’t used my digicam in awhile…I seem to have lost the instructions about it…OOPS. LOL!

Well, I’m getting off-topic, but, anyway, even if I’m only able to create an “Inspired by” OOAK Kira doll, or “Inspired by” Kira and Jen dolls, I’ll try to make them look as fantasy-inspired as I can, because, after all, I went to the trouble to pull almost every single red hair out of Delancey’s head, and I intend to re-root her with Kira’s hair color.

I am certainly glad that Kira has a simple, slightly messy hairstyle, because that means that Delancey’s hair doesn’t have to look perfect. I do wish that her green eyes weren’t so emerald green, though.  I have never re-painted a doll.

Well, I’ll just have to see where this endeavor leads me; thanks for showing an interest, and for being so encouraging. grin

Goodbye For Some Time,
Kira1982

Posted: 17 October 2016 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2016-08-12

Customizing can truly be a learning process, I’ve always enjoyed art, so I figured I’d try to combine that interest with collectibles, and it became a nice hobby.  I created a Dark Crystal diorama a few years ago - as soon as we can post pictures, I’ll show it to you!

As for your doll, an “inspired by” character would probably be just as interesting if not more than recreating Kira or Jen.  You could give her a name and design the character completely by imagination.  There are of course many Dark Crystal books, comics, etc outside of just the movie to give you ideas and inspiration as well.  I look forward to seeing your progress!