1 of 4
Finally Sent!!!
Posted: 30 November 2013 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2013-07-19

Man oh man… who woulda thunk I’d stress so much as I put the finishing touches on my submission?

At first I was going to send it the very first day possible…..but in the end I’m glad I agonized and did so many re-edits and really got the product I wanted. I have to honestly say that I could not have done any better with this. I’m really proud of what I’ve created and in the end, if the submissions crew thinks five others are better, I cannot be disappointed with myself or my story. I poured it all out and left nothing on the table.

And hey at least I had it in before December.

See some of you in the final five! (I hope)

Posted: 30 November 2013 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2013-09-26

Congratulations!
You told your story. Nothing after that matters. You told your story.
<3

Posted: 30 November 2013 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2013-07-18
Faergooz The Garthim - 30 November 2013 01:28 PM

Man oh man… who woulda thunk I’d stress so much as I put the finishing touches on my submission?

At first I was going to send it the very first day possible…..but in the end I’m glad I agonized and did so many re-edits and really got the product I wanted. I have to honestly say that I could not have done any better with this. I’m really proud of what I’ve created and in the end, if the submissions crew thinks five others are better, I cannot be disappointed with myself or my story. I poured it all out and left nothing on the table.

And hey at least I had it in before December.

See some of you in the final five! (I hope)

I hear you Faergooz.  Finished my polishing and submitted my entry at 11pm tonight.  I’m really happy to hear that you won’t be disappointed in yourself or your story because of all the hard work you’ve put into it.  I feel the same way; couldn’t put it better myself.  Bravo and let’s see what the new year brings!

Posted: 01 December 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2013-09-26

Congratulations Kahani!

Posted: 01 December 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2013-07-18

Thanks, TaoDiva!  I think I’m gonna spend December drawing Gelflings rather than writing about them!  ^_^;;

Posted: 01 December 2013 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2013-11-14

I’ve finished my sub and the first round of edits. I’m going to work on it a bit more before sending - congrats on submitting yours!

Felt a bit crazy to come into this so late but once I got going, I felt like I lived on Thra… dreamed about it, even! smile

In a way the short time I had to do this in was probably an advantage for me. I like deadlines.

Posted: 01 December 2013 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-07-19

Way to go UhOh. Yes, please don’t hurry it… you’ve still got lots of time.

And I can just see someone like you sneaking in under the wire!

Cinematic.

Good luck to you fellow writer.

Posted: 01 December 2013 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-07-19

P.S. And thanks to all who so generously gave me congratulations!

I wish you all the best.

Posted: 02 December 2013 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-11-14
Faergooz The Garthim - 01 December 2013 05:25 PM

Way to go UhOh. Yes, please don’t hurry it… you’ve still got lots of time.

And I can just see someone like you sneaking in under the wire!

Cinematic.

Good luck to you fellow writer.

And to you!

I have taken some risks with my piece so it could get eliminated early on. I’ve lived on Thra day and night whilst writing it, though. I feel like I’ve been on an adventure! smile

Posted: 03 December 2013 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-11-14

Well, it’s done. Just submitted my entry. I let my husband read it and he said he “got into it” and wanted to find out what happens next.

As everyone knows, our loved ones are truly the best judges of creative ability so… :p

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Posted: 03 December 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2013-07-18

Congrats, UhOh! Clicking that submission button is the best feeling. I’m hoping to submit my piece tomorrow or Thursday—but hopefully by the end of the week for sure. I’m just tweaking some minor, tiny things at this point. smile

Posted: 03 December 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-11-14
urMel - 03 December 2013 01:52 PM

Congrats, UhOh! Clicking that submission button is the best feeling. I’m hoping to submit my piece tomorrow or Thursday—but hopefully by the end of the week for sure. I’m just tweaking some minor, tiny things at this point. smile

Thanks and good luck!

It’s just great to get the story out there. And now to forget about it until January! :D

Posted: 03 December 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2013-07-18

Yes! Well, I probably won’t forget about it, but there won’t be pressure to tweak it anymore. The question is, what shall we do to distract ourselves in the meantime?

Posted: 03 December 2013 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-11-14
urMel - 03 December 2013 02:57 PM

Yes! Well, I probably won’t forget about it, but there won’t be pressure to tweak it anymore. The question is, what shall we do to distract ourselves in the meantime?

I’m going to work on a childrens’ book I’ve had planned for a while. Might as well keep going smile

Posted: 03 December 2013 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2013-11-03

handed mine off to the husband, my first beta reader, tonight. i think i will have one other person look at it. then MAYBE i will click the magic button. i am being a bit of a control freak about it! ha ha ha ha…

Posted: 03 December 2013 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2013-07-19

Congrats urMel…. you are one of the first people I met on here and you already feel like an old friend… I wish you the incredible luck of a Sifa sailor!

UhOh & b minor triple chord (great name btw b minor).... where you two have your supportive hubbies scrutinizing your work, I have my own lovely, blunt, tell-me-how-it-really-is wife to turn to in times like these. She gave this a big fat thumbs up…... and *leans forward and whispers loudly* she said she didn’t get bored even once!

To have a spouse such as this behind you truly is a most wonderful thing!

1 of 4